Monday, December 19, 2005

Movie Theaters want your Cell Phone Jammed

This is getting off limits. First we heard about 20 minutes of commercials before the movie starts, and now movie theaters went on to ask FCC to jam cell phones inside the theaters. These people do not understand that forcing things will not make us go to movies. Instead of creating more value for the buck, they make things really uncomfortable. I am for one will not consciously go into a place, be it a movie theater or anywhere else, where my cell phone would not work. As much as I do not like a phone conversation behind me in the movie theater, I do need my phone to be on 24/7 for unexpected. I can be hold responsible for not putting it on the vibrate or silent and if I talk while in the theater. Why don't they hire bouncers for each theater and politely enforce only those that do not abide by rules.

Source: Engadget.com

Posted by Mike at 1:06 PM
PermaLink

Google
 
Web TheaterAtHome