Thursday, August 04, 2005
Arcam AVP700 is the newest addition to its DiVA line of products. AVP700 preamplifier is priced at $2099 and most likely will be available in the nearest delaship soon. Arcam P1000 amplifier, which is the suggested pair to AVP700, is will be released soon. I will keep you posted.
There is so much to highlight for this unit that I just decided to give the raw specs and leave it to your judgement.
Here you go:
• Audiophile quality components for best sound quality, including 1% metal film resistors, polypropylene film capacitors, OSCON electrolytic capacitors & double sided, through-plated fibreglass circuit boards
• Balanced & Unbalanced pre amp outputs for all 7 channels and subwoofer
• Multi-channel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
• Stereo direct switch bypasses and disables all digital processing for 2 channel analogue sources
• 7 stereo analogue inputs (plus tuner); 3 tape outputs (one a tape loop)
• Zone 2 stereo audio, from stereo analogue inputs or internal tuner. Source and volume control independent from
• Built in FM/AM RDS stereo tuner with 30 FM and 16 AM presets
• State of the art Crystal Semiconductors CS49400 DSP, with 24-bit fixed point double precision Dolby Digital and DTS decoding and 32-bit fixed point double precision bass management.
• Wolfson Microelectronics 24-bit 192kHz DACs, stereo ADC and precision electronic volume controls
• Decodes Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx (including full music mode support), DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete and Matrix 6.1, DTS Neo 6
• 6 Arcam-optimized surround effects modes for 2 channel sources
• Adjustable crossover switching from 40 – 130 Hz in 10 Hz steps
• Separate sub woofer level settings for film and stereo listening
• Bass and treble equalizers, both global and for each of 7 main channels
• 6 fully assignable digital inputs, 3 co-axial, 3 optical; 1 coaxial & 1 optical output
• Assignable global audio delay, adjustable from 0 – 220 milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in digital displays or DVD players
• 2-way HDMI switching, HDCP compatible
• 5 composite and 5 S-video inputs; 3 fully buffered outputs of each type
• 3x HDTV compatible component video inputs and 1 monitor output (these may alternatively be configured to support RGB, with sync on composite video, for use in European TV systems
• Video up conversion – composite to S-video and vice versa via the monitor outputs; composite and S-video to interlaced component video
• Video up conversion to RGB with sync on composite (SCART compatible) for European TV displays. 12V triggers support S-video, RGB and widescreen switching for SCART equipped TVs.
• Composite and S-video inputs assignable to “non video” audio inputs
• High quality (component / RGB) inputs each assignable to any audio input
• Zone 2 composite video output, from composite video inputs
Filed with tags: Arcam AVP700, preamplifier, av receiver.