Sunday, February 26, 2006

DLP vs LCD?

I have posted my commentary on Tom Norton's review of Sony VPL-Vw100 and stated that if not his comparison of VPL-VW100 with Yamaha DPX-1300. Tom's observation is that Yamaha has more light output and accurate color compared to Ruby. Since I have not seen Ruby myself and my comment is solely based on Tom's review and my own observations of LCD technology in general ( call it SXRD, LCOS, D-ILA, etc ).

One of the readers commented that there is no DLP projector that can go neck to neck with VPL-VW100. I have a strong opinion about this particular topic but I would love to get more people involved in the discussion. Generally speaking, LCD vs DLP, and in particular VPL-VW100 vs other similarly priced DLP front projectors. I am not aware, but if there is another LCD projector - bring it on. Lets talk! And thanks to Charlie for his comment!

Posted by Mike at 3:25 PM
PermaLink

Google
 
Web TheaterAtHome