Wednesday, October 04, 2006
VANCOUVER, Wash - October 4, 2006. Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corporation announced that global parent Kyocera Corporation has released a new line of liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) that feature a unique light-emitting diode (LED) backlighting system instead of conventional cold-cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs). The new LCD products, which Kyocera is now shipping, are designed to meet a wide range of industrial display applications, including manufacturing controls, test and measurement equipment, and medical systems. The new backlights are available in STN, CSTN, and TFT models, introduced first in 4.7" and 5.7" diagonal modules. Introduction of 3.5", 6.2", 7.5", 8.9", and 10.4" modules will follow. Kyocera expects to be shipping 30,000 units per month by March 2007.
- Lead and mercury free for optimum environmental friendliness.
- 3/5/12Vdc operation and reduced or eliminated EMI (requires no inverter)
- Higher reliability via improved shock and vibration resistance (no glass tube)
- Faster start-up in low temperature environments
- Luminance control via current control to further reduce power consumption & extend battery life.